9/30/2008

Blessed are the ninety and nine

Happy Holy RoShoshanna.
I am writing to the sound of sarcastic civil war drums, stationed currently in Daily Song Studios, Brooklyn, NY. It has been a few weeks, full of comings and goings. Plenty of goings, plenty going on. I think it's time to take a day for team building activities. Some improv games,or just a couple rounds of 'whoosh!' could really break up the monotony. For example, Kid 1 and Kid 2 don't even know each others names, but they really want to fight each other. Blows were almost exchanged yesterday, which was very intense. Desks were cleared and Kid 1 was ready to ruckus, and Kid 2, after a moment's hesitation was also ready. "let's go right now" I believe was the actual battle cry. Out of nowhere too. They don't even sit anywhere near each other, which gave me time to call the neccessary folks. But then I was able to maintain the rest's attention for a pep talk that lasted almost the rest of the period. But they need to see that they/we are all on the same team.
I'm working on, and I'll let us know how it goes.
Someone is moving out of this apartment building and it is making me think of wanting to move in. I don't mind Sarah Palin's backyard, but Brooklyn is more fun. Staying in my current home requires that I sacrifice completely my belief in things like fun, comfort, convenience. In favor of solitude. Deny the flesh. I like it for that, but I also like (probably more) the idea of living in Daily Song Studios, Brooklyn, NY. I can still deny the flesh here, no problem. Something else I'm looking into/have been up to.
At the moment nothing else jumps to mind a being particularly worth mentioning. But there's alot of hustle and bustle here at Daily Song Studios, Brooklyn, NY. I'll be back after the Jewish Holdiay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I've been to that studio