8/17/2008

oh those shadows.

I blended some roots for the ancient herbal strategy of sleepytime tea, but didn't have lucid dreams all night long, nor do I ever expect a plant to offer such a gift anymore since college, incidentally where I did all of my lucidifying practices.
I do expect myself to take better control of my physical-mental state as a monk this year. Working hard is good for the spiritual state and love is good for the emotional state, but concentration and exercise are the two parts that need to be honed for a 'well-rounded' existence. And all of course are good for each other, hence the image of a circle invoked by the cliche.
---
Just to make sure we're all on track here, I have secured employment in the big city of new york at East New York Transit Tech High School, where will I teach Biology, and did practice during summer school there. That will offer many details for this story.
I spent the summer in a converted warehouse in greenpoint brooklyn, which offered a great place for if I was a starving artist, and plenty of roof space for my vegetable garden; more on that later, with pictures I'm sure also.
But moving on I decide today that the city is as the city does, and I would rather live in a cabin on long island; to hell with the commute.
So that's what I've been up to. I cook and clean and have gone to ikea twice since it came to brooklyn.

In lieu of a substantive post, I bring to the table a proverb:


"An imperfectly fronded souls
sells its buttons downstream."


No comments: